Dr. CIGDEM AYOZGER
FOUNDER, Istanbul, Turkey
F +90 212 401 4 401
M: +90 532 210 24 70
- PhD on Data Protection Law (thesis to be submitted on Feb’16) at Istanbul University, 2016
- Mini Executive MBA at the Koc University, 2012
- Telecoms Mini MBA, London, 2010
- Post Graduate Certificate on Comparative Law at London School of Economics, 2002
- LL.M.(Master) on EU & Turkish Competition Law at Istanbul University, 2002
- B.Sc. on Law at Ankara University Faculty of Law, 1999
- T.E.D. College-High School, 1994
- Member of Istanbul Bar Association
- Member of Turkish Informatics Industrialists’ Association – TÜBİSAD
- Executive Board Member of a Multinational Technology (System Integrator) Company.
Detailed Core Competencies*
- Understands the current and forthcoming needs of the business, knows the key factors of the business,
- Defines the right strategy, utilizes the ideas that have potential, develops strategies that add value to the business,
- Creates required environment for the generation of new ideas, creates positive environment for the establishment of the emotional team building,
- Establishes, motivates and organizes the teams, establishes efficient and clear communications, acting as the role model to the participants,
- Truly recognizes the progress that makes difference, encourages the team to focus on common goals, collaborates fully with the input from the outside and from the inside,
- Questions all the inputs in a positive fashion in order to show the right direction,
- Acts boldly and bravely, being ready to learn from mistakes, acts as a curious searching individual and more than ready to learn new methodologies,
- Always aims for the most viable business results.
*Abstract from report by DDI (global talent management consultancy company) with a full day detailed assessment program.
Previous Professional Experience
Chief Legal & Regulation Strategies Officer – TURKCELL SUPERONLINE (Sept13-Jul15)
Provided in-house legal counseling including M&A’s, structured, drafted, negotiated, and closed commercial transactions and projects, established & implemented regulation strategies, provided regulatory and legal compliance advice, strategic advice on business matters and transactions, led all types of institutional and governmental relations, represented the Company before the Parliament, all Governmental Institutions and most of the NGOs, having ran all kinds of litigation before the Turkish Courts. Has vast experience in defending the company before the Turkish Competition Board in all phases of antitrust investigations and before courts on issues of private enforcement of competition law, along with appeals of the administrative decisions of the Turkish Competition Authority. Merger clearances by the Turkish Competition Authority, defense project investigations, and appeals before the administrative courts. Have run complainants in complex antitrust investigations concerning all forms of abuse of dominant position allegations, and all forms of restrictive horizontal and/or vertical arrangements, including price-fixing, retail price maintenance.
Head of Group Regulation Policies – TURKCELL (May09-Sep13)
Provided in-house legal counseling including Establishment & implementation of regulation strategies, regulatory analysis, stakeholder engagement, risk management, licensing, USO, taxation etc. Provide regulatory and legal compliance advice. The role was being in charge of whole Group Companies; both Turkcell and its affiliates all around the region.
Senior Regulation Strategy Specialist – TURKCELL (Sept05-May09)
Strategic planning, regulatory analysis, due diligence, stakeholder engagement, regulatory risk management, taxation.
Legal Counsel – TURKCELL (May-Sept05)
Provided in-house legal counseling including drafting, and managing contracts (Concession Agreement, Interconnection Agreement, Roaming Agreements) and negotiating with the third parties, consultancy on Telecommunication Law and Regulations, Competition Law, Administration Law, prepare and monitor the applications to the Competition Authority & NRA, legal consultancy on company’s strategic plans.
Legal Counsel – GARANTI BANK (Jan04-May05)
Provided legal consultancy on legal and regulatory issues regarding Commercial Law, Contract Law, Competition Law and Law of Obligations, also provided legal consultancy on company’s international business development projects, managed the contracts regarding payment systems, licensing and other commercial issues, provided legal consultancy on creating and managing company’s strategic plans, negotiated the contract clauses with company’s clients, prepared the applications to the Competition Authority and Turkish Patent Institute, contributed to stakeholder engagements. Defended company before the Turkish Competition Board in antitrust investigations, abuse of dominant position cases. Represented and advised the Bank in complex antitrust investigations concerning all forms of abuse of dominant position allegations, and all forms of restrictive horizontal and/or vertical arrangements.
Legal Counsel/Company Secretary CADBURY/ELDEM Law Office (Nov02-Jul03)
Manage the contracts regarding mergers, acquisitions, shareholder agreements, distribution agreements and other commercial issues, prepare company’s General Assembly and Board of Directors Meeting Minutes and Resolutions, prepare Public Disclosures as the capital increase documents, correspondence between foreign attorneys with the Clients, advised the Company on Competition Law issues as well as all kinds of Corporate/Commercial Law issues.
Commercial Law Research Assistant – YEDİTEPE UNI. FACULTY OF LAW (Sep00–Nov02)
Assisting Lecturer, carrying out research, analyzing court decisions, adviser of 35 students in add & drop of courses, follow up of their academic performance.
Law Clerk, TELLIOGLU Law Office (Aug99-Oct00)
Focusing on intellectual property, unfair competition law, e-commerce law; preparing petitions and various official documents.