Ms. Çiğdem Ayözger leads the Competition Law practices. Ms Ayozger has her LL.M. degree on Competition Law in “Exclusive Distribution Agreements in EU and Turkish Competition Law”. She has been practicing Competition Law since 2002.
SRP-Legal provides high quality advice and achieves successful outcomes for clients engaged in a full range of matters, including mergers, anti-trust investigations, appeals and litigation. We provide deep local knowledge of related markets, regulators and practice. We provide commercial solutions that will withstand scrutiny in all major antitrust or competition law jurisdictions. We are qualified in the competition law practice before the Turkish Competition Authority and also courts. The experience spans many industries, including; communications, IT, banking&financial services, FMCG, glass and distribution. .
Our services include:
General Advisory in Competition Law
- Providing clear, commercial advice on a wide range of business arrangements including joint ventures and technology transfer agreements, distributorship, licensing, franchising, toll manufacturing agreements etc.
- Providing strategic and commercially focused advice on access regulation and its impact on new infrastructure developments, and structuring associated arrangements
- Advising clients on complex economic regulation issues associated with network industries, including dealing with the industry regulators such as Information Technology and Communication Authority, Radio-TV/ Media Authority, etc.
- Undertaking competition litigation, including cartel and misuse of market power prosecutions, appeals, civil litigation, undertaking enforcement actions and class actions
Legal Representation in Competition Law Investigations
- Defending companies before the Turkish Competition Board in all phases of antitrust investigations.
- In depth knowledge of representing complainants in complex antitrust issues and investigations concerning all forms of abuse of dominant position allegations and all other forms of restrictive horizontal and vertical arrangements, including price-fixing, resale price maintenance, refusal to supply, territorial restrictions and concerted practice allegations.
Competition Law Aspects of Mergers & Acquisitions
- Advising clients involved in mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures about Turkish notification requirements, as well as obtaining merger approvals from the Turkish Competition Authority.
- Advising on merger clearances, public procurement and market investigations.
- Advise a combination of competition experience with robust and commercially-focused litigation skills.
- Devising litigation strategies matched to clients’ needs and deploys tactics to ensure clients advantage throughout a dispute.
Compliance Programs & Training in Competition Law
- Providing focused and effective assistance in devising and managing competition law compliance strategies.
- Tailoring compliance programs in competition law matters.
- Tailoring seminars in order to train the clients’ executives and employees about the requirements of the competition law.
- Extensive knowledge of structuring compliant transactions, including joint ventures and strategic alliances.
- Acting for a financial institution in ongoing investigation on an assertion of breaching competition law with the concerted practices of the competitors.
- Representing a fixed line telecommunication company regarding an antitrust claim.
- Advising a mobile telecommunications company, with the Turkish Competition Authority to prevent litigation against the revision of their allocation and distribution schemes.
- Obtaining merger clearance for acquisitions by a major telecommunication group company.
- Representing a glass manufacturer company regarding disapproval of granting an exemption
- Defending a telecommunication company in an abuse of dominant position case.