Some amendments were made with the Communique regarding the Amendment of the Authorization Communiqué on the Execution of Investment Incentive Certificate Transactions in Electronic Environment, published in the Official Gazette dated 16.10.2020 and numbered 31276 to the Authorization Communiqué on the Execution of Investment Incentive Certificate Transactions in Electronic Environment (“Communiqué”) regulating the procedures and principles for the authorization of the users who apply to the Economy General Directorate of Incentive Practices and Foreign Capital, on behalf of investors regarding business and transactions relating to incentive certificates.
These amendments are mainly as follows;
- The Ministry of Economy, which is the authorized ministry within the scope of applications for business and transactions regarding investment incentive certificate, has been amended as Ministry of Industry and Technology.
- Electronic Incentive Application and Foreign Capital System, authorization time extensions and authorization cancellation applications shall be submitted to the General Directorate’s Registered Electronic Mail (“REM”) address.
- The terms “Registered Electronic Mail, Registered Electronic Mail Service Provider, and REM Account” have been defined.
- The obligation to have a REM account to be obtained from the REM service providers has been brought to Investors.
- The obligation to send the information and documents required for application completely and accurately and to keep the originals of the relevant documents for 10 years has been brought to Investors.
- Applications regarding authorizations, time extensions, authorization revocations, user waivers and authorization updates shall also be sent to the General Directorate’s REM address.
It has been regulated that investors may perform user authorization transactions in person or by mail application to the General Directorate together with the originals of the requested documents within 1 month as of 16.10.2020 during the transition to the system.