“The Presidential Circular on the National Artificial Intelligence Strategy”, (“Circular“) has been drafted by the Presidency of Digital Transformation Office and the Ministry of Industry and Technology has been published in the Official Gazette dated 20.08.2021 and numbered 31574.
In this respect, it was announced that “National Artificial Intelligence Strategy (2021-2025)” has been drafted by the Presidency of the Digital Transformation Office and the Ministry of Industry and Technology in cooperation with the public, private sector, non-governmental organizations and universities, and the “National Artificial Intelligence Strategy Steering Committee” (Steering Committee) has been established under the chairmanship of the Vice President with the participation of the President of Digital Transformation Office and the relevant Deputy Minister of the Ministry of Industry and Technology; in order to further the activities that Turkey will carry out in the field of artificial intelligence until 2025, to determine the strategic priorities, goals, targets and measures in this field and to implement them.
The objectives and procedures of the Steering Comitee drafted by the Circular are as follows:
1- Objectives of the Committee;
- Effective execution of activities to be carried out within the framework of national policies for the production and dissemination of artificial intelligence technologies
- High-level monitor the strategy and manage the processes in the Strategy Document
- Provide the necessary coordination
2- Procedures regarding the Committee;
- The Steeing Committee will meet at least once every three months,
- It shall meet separately upon invitation,
- Secretariat services will be carried out jointly by the the Presidency of Digital Transformation Office and the Deputy Minister of Industry and Technology.
In order to assist the activities of the Committee; sub-committees, technical committees, advisory and working groups may be organized. Relevant public institutions and organizations as well as universities, non-governmental representatives, professional associations and private sector representatives can be invited to the Committee meetings; they will be able to take part in sub-committees, committees, advisory and working groups.
In summary, the details regarding the National Artificial Intelligence Strategy and the National Artificial Intelligence Strategy Steering Committee, which will execute this document, were determined via the Circular.
You may reach the full Turkish version of the Circular via the link below: