The Annual Report for 2021 (“Report”) prepared by the Competition Authority (“Authority”) was published on the official website of the Authority on 25.04.2022
Within the scope of the Report, there are statistical analyzes of all the decisions taken by the Competition Board (“Board”), including the sectoral breakdowns, legislative studies carried out during the year and planned to be carried out in the future, economic analysis and research activities, and information on new policies planned by the Authority.
General information regarding the annual activities in 2021 included in the Report are as follows;
- 309 Merger and Acquisition transactions, 22 Negative Determination/Exemption transactions, and 74 assertive competition infringement transactions were concluded.
- 44 investigations were carried out and an administrative fine of 4.23 billion TL was imposed as a result of these investigations.
Legislative studies included in the Report and published in 2021 are as follows.
- Communiqué on Commitments for Preliminary Investigations and Investigations on Anticompetitive Agreements, Concerted Practices, Decisions and Abuse of Dominant Position (Communiqué No. 2021/2)
- Communiqué on Agreements, Concerted Practices, Acts and Conducts of Association of Undertakings that Do Not Considerably Restrict Competition (Communiqué No. 2021/3)
- Regulation on the Settlement Procedure for Investigations on Anticompetitive Agreements, Concerted Practices, Decisions and Abuse of Dominant Position
- Communiqué Amending the Block Exemption Communiqué on Vertical Agreements (Communiqué No: 2002/2) (Communiqué No: 2021/4)
- Communiqué on Increasing the Lower Limit of Administrative Fine Stipulated in the First Paragraph of Article 16 of the Law No. 4054 on the Protection of Competition to be valid until 31.12.2022 (Communiqué No: 2022/1)
In addition it has been stated that studies regarding the the Draft Regulation and the Communiqué No. 2010/4 on the Amendment of the Regulation on the Restriction of Competition Agreement, Concerted Actions and Decisions and the Reconciliation Procedure Applicable in Investigations Regarding the Abuse of Dominant Position, the Communiqué No. 2010/4 and proposed amendments to the Guide on Evaluation of Horizontal Mergers and Acquisitions and Guide on the Evaluation of Non-horizontal Mergers and Acquisitions are continuing.
You may reach the full Turkish version of the Report via the link below.