Ms. Cigdem Ayozger leads the TMC practices. She provides advice to clients on regulatory strategies and compliance matters in Information Technologies, Media and Communications Industries. From the liberalization of Turkish communications market to the introduction of new communication technologies such as M2M, IPTV, 4G services she took an active part in drafting of telecommunications by-laws and in the preparation of licensing and regulating the market regulations. In the meanwhile, she has coordinated the efforts within the leading communication company of Turkey, regarding the compliance of the company to the upcoming regulations as well as applying and gaining the required licenses and permits relevant to companies business. She also has negotiated major telecommunications transactions with the authorities. She has represented clients in policy and adjudicatory proceedings before regulators and governmental organizations. She has developed particular expertise in the drafting of legislative and regulatory frameworks to facilitate sector restructuring, liberalization and privatization.
She assists preparation for regulatory changes, manages clients’ relationships with regulators and, where possible, supports the client to achieve regulatory change or clarification. She runs licensing issues as well as business strategy in the light of regulatory requirements and the practices of regulatory authorities.
Her approach is always in-depth understanding of the legal and regulatory landscape with a strong practical and commercial focus. She promotes and defends clients’ interests and adds value wherever possible to business. She has a high flexible understanding and individualized approach to providing legal and regulatory solutions. Her work is always driven by an in-depth understanding of clients’ strategic goals and objectives. She assesses legal risks and helps to safeguard the interests of clients’.
She has considerable experience advising on the evolving regulatory framework for the communications industry in Turkey including: licensing; interconnection; market reviews; Net Neutrality/Network Management; margin squeeze tests; price regulation; spectrum re-farming and award processes (including auctions); big data; cloud services; cyber and IT security; M2M, the internet of things; mobile payments and apps; next generation access/NGA; open source and open data, universal service obligation and taxation in TMC.
Also she has experience in negotiating with the governmental authorities.
In addition to significant TMC industry law and regulations expertise, she has considerable experience in administrative law and is well equipped to represent clients before the High State Court, both on the merits of a case and for injunctive relief.
She has provided in-house legal counseling as well as establishment & implementation of regulation strategies, provided regulatory and legal compliance advice, provided strategic advice on business matters and transactions, has led all types of institutional and governmental relations, represented the TMC Industry players, NGO’s and the companies before the Turkish Parliament, all Governmental Institutions and Independent Bodies such as Turkish Information Technology Authority, Turkish Radio and TV Authority, Turkish Competition Authority ect. She runs all kinds of litigation before the Turkish Courts.
- Obtaining IPTV for one of the players in telecommunication sector
- Acquisition of fixed line and infrastructure operator’s shares by the one the biggest fixed line and infrastructure operator,
- Nullification of the incumbent operator’s retail tariffs
- Achieving changes in regulations of Ministry of Customs&Trade and BTK regarding consumer protection in 2014 in favor of Telecommunication Industry
- Achieving changes in BTK and Ministry of Transport&Telecommunication Regulations regarding right of way/infrastructure investment against incumbent operators in 2014;
- Leader of the 3G Tender Process(2008-9) and concession agreement negotiations before BTK/ Turkish Information Technology Authority
- Lead Tax Reduction on M2M devices Project (ÖİV/SCT – from %25 to %5)
- TL Tariff System Conversion Project Regulation Strategy
- Number Portability Project
- Provided regulatory and competition law advice on a range of pricing, marketing and infrastructure sharing issues for the biggest mobile operator of Turkey.
- Advising a systems integrator and provider of IT Systems on contractual issues related the authority/BTK.
- Advising an IPTV operator on a wide range of regulatory matters
- Drafting a new legislative framework for the electronic communications sector on implementation of the new regulatory framework.
- Advising to a bidding consortium on regulatory and strategic matters of spectrum management of Turkish Information Technology Authority.
She provides education seminars to employees of its clients.