We provide legal consultancy services with our deep local knowledge on the related markets, regulators, and active practice. We provide commercial solutions that will withstand scrutiny in all major antitrust or competition law jurisdictions.
We are also highly qualified in the competition law practices before the Turkish Competition Authority and also the related courts. Our experience in competition law covers many industries, including communications, technology, banking & financial services, FinTech, FMCG, glass, and distribution.
The founder and the managing director of SRP-Legal Dr. Ayozger Ongun leads the Competition Law practices at the office. Dr. Ayozger Ongun has her LL.M. degree on Competition Law in “Exclusive Distribution Agreements in EU and Turkish Competition Law”. She has been practicing Competition Law since 2002.
Some of our Competition Law services include, as follows:
Legal Consultancy Services on Competition Law
- Under the Turkish and EU Competition regulations, reviewing and revising all kind of business transactions of our clients including joint ventures and technology transfer agreements, distribution, licensing, franchising, toll manufacturing agreements, etc.,
- Under the Turkish and EU Competition regulations, providing risk assessments and legal compliance services for our clients’ agreements, documents and distribution channels or business models,
- Preparing the competition compliance guidelines, memorandums, and reports related to the services provided,
- Providing daily legal consultancy services on Competition Law that our clients need,
- Providing training courses to raise the awareness of the employees of our clients or their authorized services/sellers.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Under the Turkish and EU Competition regulations, providing legal consultancy services to our clients’ M&A and joint venture processes and if needed applying to get the merger clearance before the Turkish Competition Authority involved in the mergers,
Legal Representation in Competition Law Investigations
- Representing our clients before the Turkish Competition Board in all phases of anti-trust investigations,
- Representing complainants in complex anti-trust issues and investigations concerning all forms of abuse of dominant position allegations and all other forms of restrictive horizontal and vertical arrangements, including price-fixing, resale price maintenance, refusal to supply, territorial restrictions, and concerted practice allegations.
- Providing focused and effective assistance in devising and managing competition law compliance strategies,
- Tailoring competition compliance programs in line with our clients’ needs,
- Making mock audits in order to check whether our clients are compliant with the Turkish Competition regulations.
- Advising on a combination of competition issues with our robust experience and commercially-focused litigation skills,
- Aligning our litigation strategies with our clients’ interests, objectives, and striving to achieve the best results possible for our clients under the current circumstances.